They’re also stunningly simple to make.
2 medium eggs
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Blueberries/cinnamon/whatever you like in your pancakes
1. Mash your banana up until it is very smooth, and completely lump free.
2. Whisk your eggs together with the vanilla extract.
3. Combine the banana puree, egg & vanilla mixture, and baking powder until you have a batter like consistency. Add your cinnamon here if using.
4. Lightly oil a flat based pan, I use a low calorie oil spray such as this one, but you can wipe excess oil off with some kitchen paper.
(get your hands on a pancake pan if you can, Tesco have one here)
5. Pour your batter into the hot, oiled pan in rounds of approx the width of a tea cup. It will spread a little and remember, we’re making American style pancakes here, not European crepes! We want them fat and glorious!
6. Wait for little air holes to appear on the top, when they do, add your blueberries/chocolate chips etc, wait a couple of seconds and then flip the pancake over to cook on the other side.
7. When the pancake is loose from the pan (give the pan a little shake) then it’s ready to plate up.
I layered mine with chia jam (recipe coming soon!) and they were absolutely delicious but you could top with a little honey or maple syrup or even more bananas – just remember these are pretty healthy versions of pancakes so don’t overload them with sugar when it comes to the toppings!
If you make these pancakes do let me know what you think of them.
Recipe inspired by @roselindeh