With all the ‘bits’ done and dusted, the real worry was all the official stuff we had to deal with, and that’s where I wish I’d had this handy list from Eco Movers to help me!
If you’re in the process of moving or moving soon then save this handy countdown checklist or visit their blog for more checklist ideas and you’ll be sure not to miss anything vital!
1. Don’t forget to leave a nice big supply of tea bags somewhere easily accessible!
2. If you’re moving into a house that hasn’t got a fridge yet, make sure you pack up a cool bag or box with plenty of ice blocks or bags of ice and store your milk (and a celebratory bottle of something with bubbles) in there.
3. If you don’t have the facilities to make your own food on the first night, make sure you know where the nearest restaurant or takeaway is and also make a note of what time they close – when you’re unpacking time goes very fast!
4. Buy more bubble wrap, tape and boxes than you think you’ll need. Most shops will give you a refund for unused boxes and rolls of tape. Just check before you buy them. TOP TIP go to supermarkets as late in the evening as you can and ask them for cardboard boxes, late at night & when they close is when they start breaking them down so you’ll want to get there before they start!
5. Enjoy your move as much as you can and try not to get too stressed about the small things. Our first night the oven fuse blew whilst the pizza was in it and then the restaurant we went to had stopped serving food 10 minutes before we arrived. These are things you’ll laugh at in a few weeks time, so try not to cry about them now!